The Warming Tree
View All

You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah Movie Review

Image from: Netflix

The Netflix original movie You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah is about two teen girls going into middle school and are also in the same Yeshiva school (A school that Jewish kids go to to learn about their Jewish faith).  They’ve been preparing for their Bat Mitzvah, which they’ve been looking forward to their entire lives. One of the teen girls named Stacy (Sunny Sandler – Adam Sandler’s daughter) has a crush on a boy in her Yeshiva class. Stacy’s best friend, Lydia is always looking out for Stacy and supports her in every way possible. When one dumb decision that Stacy makes leads her to believe it is all her friend Lydia’s fault, the story turns into a whole revenge plot.

When I first watched this movie with my mom we both found it really funny. Adam Sandler’s entire family in the movie which makes the movie a lot better. You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah has 92% rotten tomatoes currently and a 6/10 IMDb. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate this movie around 8.5/10. The movie is really funny and well written, but some parts of the movie are unrealistic to teens and can be a bit cringy. The movie quickly became popular upon its release on August 25, 2023. At the time of writing this article (September 14, 2023) it was sitting at #2 in movies on Netflix. 

The directing of the movie is very good and it is interesting  how they portray the two young girls, Stacy is the protagonist throughout the entire movie while the two girls jealousy is the antagonist. The movie has plenty of funny moments throughout it.  Adam Sandler’s role is played to perfection in this movie with his humor. The casting of the movie is great overall, Sarah Sherman who was on SNL (Saturday Night Live) Plays Rabbi Rebecca (who is arguably the best character in the movie). Who has a very humorous personality and is a motherly figure throughout  the movie. Overall the movie is very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedies, especially if you like Adam Sandler.