The Warming Tree
View All

Who is Your Favorite Superhero?

Shore Cake Supply
The Spider-man rings

Who is your favorite superhero and why? This is one of the most common icebreaker questions known to humankind. We’ve all seen what people’s short answers are, but let’s go deeper into what they think. Starting off, GHS sophomore Owen Adams says his favorite hero is Spider-Man, as he owns countless replicas, Funko Pop!s, and a Spider-Man suit. Adams likes Spiderman because “He goes through so much, and just keeps getting up. That’s inspiring. He also brings an element of humor to it.” Adams believes that Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man out of the three live action ones. Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, and Tom Holland. Adams also says, “I’ve been liking Spider-Man ever since I was a little kid. When you’re a little kid your parents don’t know what to get you and so they start buying random things with brand names on them. I got the Spider-Man ray gun thing when I was seven and I still have it and that’s when I first acknowledged that Spider-Man was a thing.” Moving on, Adams claims his favorite ability is that Spider-Man is capable of web swinging. “You can’t have Spider-Man without the webswing, that’s why Miguel O’hara is not Spider-Man,” He firmly stated. Adams overall made a very clear opinion on why Spider-Man is the best hero.  

Eliza Lewis, a freshman at GHS claims Iron Man is most definitely her favorite hero. She says that she likes Iron Man the most because he is funny and because he saves the world. “I first started liking Iron Man when I watched the first movie when he was evading terrorists.” Lewis’ favorite part/ability of Iron Man is his glowing hand and his metal suit that he wears. Iron man first appeared in the film Iron Man from Marvel studios released in 2008. 

Maggie Davis, freshman who attends Greenwood High School says that Spider-Man is her favorite superhero. She says that is a very basic answer but has reasons. Maggie Davis claims she likes Spider-Man, because he is a 10/10. “I didn’t like the first Spider-Man. I like Andrew Garfield because he was pretty cute when I first saw the movie.” “I don’t like Tom Holland, he’s too prepubescent and baby-like.” “I first started liking Spider-Man around the age of 9 when I first saw the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie.” Her ranking of Spider-Man revolved only on the fact of how attractive she found the main character.

Charlotte Davis, Maggie’s twin sister and student at GHS also thinks Spider-Man is the best Superhero. Charlotte Davis likes Spider-Man because she went to a birthday party under a pavilion and the girls got a vanilla cupcake with butterfly rings on top and the boys got a chocolate one with Spider-Man rings on top. “I didn’t want a vanilla cupcake because eww that’s nasty. So I got one of the boys cupcakes and so I got a Spider-Man ring and then when I wore it something changed. I thought I was then married to Spiderman when I was seven.” She says, “Also, my favorite ability he has is that he’s agile but softly buff.” She says boldly.

Overall, Spider-Man is the most chosen hero as peoples favorites due to his willpower, courage, abilities, and attractiveness.