The Gator Literary Podcast Brings Student Work to Life

Taking excellence to the next level is a long-lived tradition at Greenwood, and one group of students is striving to continue that tradition by sending the writings of GHS students somewhere they’ve never been before: the airwaves.

This group, calling themselves the Gator Literary Podcast, is also a team competing in the STLP (or Student Technology Leadership Program) State Championship. At STLP State, students must effectively plan and implement community projects involving technology.

The Gator Literary Podcast is impacting the Greenwood community by bringing together student talent and a rapidly growing field of technology. On the podcast, pieces of literature by students are read, discussed, and connected with other pieces. In addition, the podcast provides critiques of famous pieces and analyzes them in relation to the student works.

The Gator Literary Podcast recently released its third episode, which centered around the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. This special episode featured pieces by GHS students Emma Tomlin and Julia Adams, and can be heard below:

All episodes can be heard at the team’s homepage on Soundcloud.com.

The podcast is always looking for more student works. This includes all forms of writing, from scripts to poems to short stories.

If you are a Greenwood student who would like to see your work featured on the podcast, the team receives email submissions to gatorliterarypodcast@gmail.com.

In April, the Gator Literary Podcast team will travel with the rest of the STLP club members to compete in the State Championship in Lexington. At State, the podcast team will present the progress they’ve made with their project and the impact it has had on their community.

STLP_logo_2933x1010

The best ways to support the team are to listen to new epsiodes at Soundcloud.com, submit original work or feedback at gatorliterarypodcast@gmail.com, and to spread the word.