The Warming Tree
View All

Hey Driver, Let’s Rate “Zach Bryan”

Zach+Bryan+Album+on+Spottily+
Olivia Sewell
Zach Bryan Album on Spottily

Zach Bryan gifted the world with his self-titled album on August 25, 2023. This 16-set album explores Bryan’s roots in Oklahoma, along with his variety of literary and musical influences. These songs were all written and produced by the Grammy award-winning artist himself. The songs in the album are emotional and unfiltered straight from Zach Bryan to the hearts of his global audience. The Album includes collaborations with The Lumineers in his song “Spotless,” and Kasy Musgraves in “I Remember Everything.” It also features Sierra Ferrel on “Holy Roller,” and The War Treaty on “Hey Driver.”Even though the album has only been out for 17 days, people worldwide have been listening to it, and each person has a different take on it. Some have only listened to it because it has been hyped up by so many other people. However, others were counting down the days waiting for it to come out. Ann-Thomas Murphy, a freshman at Greenwood High School says she has listened to his other songs before. She is a fan of his but she wasn’t really waiting for his new album to drop and only really listened to it because of others’ recommendations. This comes to show that the growing popularity of the songs gathered more and more people to listen to them. The ones who were counting down the days waiting for it to come out were the people who got so many others to listen in. Kk Lindsey was one of those many people who gathered a large audience. “I was waiting, oh I was waiting quite a while.” She giggles. These new songs of his had people waiting a very long time just to listen to them and when they came out people used every chance they got to listen in. Mason Cosby, a freshman at Greenwood, explains “Uh I was pretty tired when listening to them because I was here at school.” Many people like Cosby started the album the day they came out while they were at school doing their work.

These awaited songs brought many emotions with them and many conflicts about which was the best. The 16-set album was filled with sadness and yearning about many things like breakups/ past relationships and homesickness. As KK puts it, these songs, “put her in her feels,” because of how raw, relatable, and close to home these songs hit. Overall, this new album has been a big hit and people believe it might be his best one yet.
Some were even rating the album a ten out of ten because of how much they related to it and loved it. Some fans’ favorite song on the album is “Hey Driver” while some others picked “East Side of Sorrow” and “I Remember Everything.” There were a few who couldn’t just pick one of his songs to call their favorite because of how much they came to love each and every song. To take it even further, the many who liked “Hey Driver” the best even picked out the verse that they liked best, which was the first verse of the song. These are just a few out of the millions of people who have listened to Zach Bryan’s newest album. But based on just these few opinions you can tell this new album of his is enjoyable and overall just an excellent album to add to your playlist.