Greenwood Students Showcase Talents at GHS Talent Show

Sophie South performing on stage at the show

By Selena Heldic, Arts and Entertainment Editor

On April 17th, 2018, the fourth annual Greenwood High School Talent Show took place here, at home, in our Greenwood auditorium.

There were a total of sixteen acts, each one giving our GHS students the opportunity to showcase their talents.

Line-Up:

Ben Morrison and JJ Gibson-  ‘The Other Side’ from The Greatest Showman (Vocal Performance)

Caitlin Cook-  Impromptu in E Flat by Franz Schubert (Piano Performance)

Erin Dennis-  ‘Warrior’ by Demi Lovato (Vocal Performance, featuring JJ Gibson on piano)

Mary Catherine Thomas-  ‘She Will Be Loved’ by Maroon Five (Vocal Performance, featuring Joel Ciaccio on piano)

Kaitlyn Miller-  ‘Make You Feel My Love’ by Adele (Vocal Performance)

Emma Brittenham, Megan Healey, and Linzey Smith-  ‘Candy Store’ from Heathers  (Vocal Performance)

Lydia Cantrell and Nic Cooper-  ‘Only Us’ from Dear Evan Hansen  (Vocal Performance)

Audrey Lawrence- ‘Desperado’ by The Eagles (Vocal Performance)

Sophie South- ‘Stone Cold’ by Demi Lovato (Vocal Performance featuring Joel Ciaccio on piano)

Talee Stark- ‘Let It Go’ by James Bay (Vocal Performance)

Ella Hagan- ‘Home’ from Beauty and the Beast (Vocal Performance, featuring JJ Gibson on piano)

Owen Mefford and Charlie Skean- ‘It Hasn’t Been Long Enough’ by Eric Hutchinson (Piano/Vocal/Saxophone Performance)

Caitlyn Kirchner and Baylee Burton- ‘I Can’t Help Falling in Love/La Vie en Rose’ (Original Vocal Arrangement by Caitlyn Kirchner)

Wesley Kirby and Destiny Goodpaster- ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran (Vocal Performance)

Nadai Drake- ‘Missed’ by Ella Henderson (Vocal Performance)

Jannah Bolin- ‘Gravity’ by Sara Bareilles (Vocal Performance)

Auditions for the show were held the week prior to the event, and they were all judged by Mrs. Cassady.

Students found out who all would be performing the day before the Talent Show. Rehearsals were ran, and soon enough, the show was ready to go on. All performances were successful, and definitely gave students the chance to prove themselves and represent GHS.

My personal favorites were:

Sophie South’s solo performance of ‘Stone Cold’ by Demi Lovato, Lydia Cantrell and Nic Cooper’s duet of ‘Only Us’ from Dear Evan Hansen, Ella Hagan’s solo performance of ‘Home’ from Beauty and the Beast, and Jannah Bolin’s solo performance of ‘Gravity’ by Sara Bareilles.

Additionally, credit is due to the host of the show, Kylie Bray, for dressing up as Bob Ross and cracking hilarious jokes to keep the audience entertained in between short breaks.

All in all, every act did a phenomenal job on stage, and I highly support the continuation of this Greenwood tradition!