TDC Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Cale

By Madison Duncan, Editor-In-Chief

Mrs. Cale is this weeks Teacher of the Week. This will be her 19th year of teaching. Although she has been teaching for a long time, it hasn’t always been her dream job. As a little girl Mrs. Cale wanted to be an actress, she was even part of “a pretty darn good clogging team” in junior high.” However, in college, she thought about being either a psychologist or a librarian before finally settling on neither of those and becoming a teacher. This is Mrs Cale’s second year of teaching AP Language and Composition/English III and IV at GHS.   

Mrs. Cale wanted to become a teacher because she loves to read. She wanted to pass on her love of reading and help students become confident writers. She said that, “some of my high school teachers were my favorite role-models,” and her goal is to “inspire students” like her teachers did for her. Another reason Mrs. Cale became a teacher was because she loves seeing the “a-ha” moments a student has during class.

In Mrs. Cale’s opinion, some of the best qualities a student can have are: to be respectful of others around them, to be willing to try and accomplish work even if it is confusing and hard to finish, and to be excited to learn when you come into class.

When she is not teaching, you can find Mrs. Cale hanging out with her family, reading, shopping, watching movies, and practicing yoga. Mrs. Cale is happy she could be a part of GHS and hopes she has the chance to make a positive difference in her student’s lives.