Indoor Drumline Wraps Season in Music City

By Sophie South, Arts and Entertainment Editor/Reporter

The Indoor Drumline showcased its final performance this past weekend at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.

The Gator Drumline students performed their show called “Unhinged,” which is based on people trapped in an insane asylum. Mr. Hall and another writer wrote the music for the show, and both the students and directors have also worked extremely hard to perfect and perform the show the best they can. 

The Greenwood team is not sure what they placed overall, but Mr. Hall states that they “had a great run” of the show. Even though they didn’t stick around for results on their overall placing, they did have some bonding in the big city.

To and from the competition, the whole team rode the bus down to the university and around Tennessee. After the competition, the students and teachers traveled to the Opry Mills Mall to relax and reflect, since they are officially done for the season. The students grazed around the mall, eating and shopping together as a team.

“I learned how to be a part of a team. There are very few us, so we are each important in a different way.” said senior drumline member Taylor Scott.  

“The performance was definitely my favorite part,” said Scott. “Music has always been a part of my life and is something I’d love to continue! The hardest part was learning my music because the keyboard is not my primary instrument.”

Scott also stated how being a part of the team creates more friendships, and creates a small family in the process. She will miss the directors the most and continued to explain how they would do everything for the team even if the season was over.