Winter Formal Tickets on Sale

By Alyssa Skinner, Reporter

Winter Formal will be here before you know it; buy your tickets today!  It will be on February 6, 2016 from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.  Snacks and refreshments will be provided by the school once you get here. The dance will be held at The Warehouse, which is located at 2559 Mount Victor Lane. Tickets are on sale during lunch until February 5. You can pay $15 for a single ticket or $25 for a couple. There is only a limited number of tickets on sale so make sure you get yours as soon as possible.

There are a few requirements to be able to enter the dance. When entering the dance, you must sign in. If for any reason you leave the dance, you may not re-enter. Out of school guests are allowed, but will need principal approval and you must buy your tickets before they are approved. Any student not abiding by the rules in the school handbook will be asked to leave; this includes policies regarding tobacco, alcohol and drug use, violence, and personal displays of affection.

This is a Semi-Formal attire dance. Boys, this means no jeans or sweatpants. Dress pants or slacks are preferred and either a dress shirt with a tie; a dress shirt, tie, and sweater; or a suit with appropriate dress shoes would be appropriate attire. Just remember the shirts must have a collar and sleeves to be qualified as appropriate. Please don’t wear hats, bandanas, chains, or tennis shoes to the formal. Boys attire also has to meet the dress code or you will not be admitted to the dance.

Girls, you don’t have to spend a ton of money on a dress, you can save it for prom. A semi-formal dress can be a long dress, a cocktail dress, or a blouse and skirt. Dress shoes should also be worn to the dance. Dresses should abide by the school dress code, they should pass the fingertip test. If your dress has slits in the sides, they must also come to your fingertip. Your dress can be strapless or spaghetti-strapped and it can be backless as long as the bottom does not go below the waist. Your dress may not expose or show your undergarments or lingerie as well as not being sheer or see-through. You cannot show bare midriffs and the tops cannot be excessively low-cut. If your dress breaks any of the dress code, you will not be allowed to enter the dance at all.