Infected

Infected

By Lauren Scott, Reporter

The Greenwood High School’s marching band show this season is called Infected. Their show is all about zombies! The flag line are the zombies who slowly infect the entire marching band, leaving only the head drum major alive by the end of the show.

All of the zombie costumes are as great as you would expect, complete with a zombie cheerleader, dancer, teacher, and a nurse. The color guard’s rifle line are the military protecting the band, while the drumline are the first to be turned at the end of the opener, starting with Austin McClain.

The Greenwood marching band welcomes two new drum majors this year, Taylor Scott and Tiffany Miller. The previous years Taylor and Tiffany were in the fluteline, Taylor being section leader. The head drum major is Chelsy Fjeld, returning for her second year as a drum major.

Last year, the band did not make it to semifinals and this year they hope to go a lot farther with this interesting show. Semifinals will be held on Halloween.

The band practices every day after school except Wednesdays. All of their hard work began during band camp, the last two weeks of July from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. You can watch a preview of the show at all of Greenwood’s home football games!

Their first competition was on September 12th at Franklin-Simpson High School. They won 1st overall in class 4A, which also included South Warren and Logan County. The band won best overall color guard for their performance, and best overall percussion. Out of all the bands performing they won 3rd place.