Best video games of 2015, so far

By Marzhan Mukhtarov, Journalist

This year, many new game releases had gamers racing to local stores to buy these addicting games. These games promise to bring hours of exciting and immersive game-play to the gaming community.

Life is Strange (January 29, 2015)

Life is Strange” is a game developed by Dontnod Entertainment, which was also responsible in the making of the game “Remember Me.” “Life is Strange” is set in the fictional town of Arcadia Bay in Oregon. You will be playing as a high-school student, Max, who goes through the usual conflicts of a high-school student. Max Caulfield returns home to reunite with her friend, Chloe. They join together to go search for their missing classmate Rachel Amber. There are even more details to this strange and wondrous story. Max has the power to rewind time. Remember that the decisions you make affect the people around you.

dying-light

Dying Light (January 27, 2015)

“Dying Light” is a game developed by the creators of Dead Island. This is an open-world survival horror game set in the post-apocalyptic future.  In the day, you must survive hordes of zombies. You parkour in a city torn apart by the plague, but at night the rules completely change. It’s dark and you’re on your own, with zombies lurking in the shadows. if you’re not vigilant, you might as well count yourself dead. Dying light also has an immersive and very detailed story-line where you will interact with many diverse and interesting characters all with their own personality. You will work between two groups carrying out different and complex missions. These missions require you to run into hordes of creatures that will be after you and constantly pursuing you through the torn city. Work with friends or work alone. Remember, good night and good luck!

Ark

Ark: Survival Evolved (June 2, 2015)

Ark” is a game made and developed by Studio Wildcard, Virtual Basement, Instinct games, and Efecto. This is a game where you start out as human in the age of some of the most ferocious beasts in history; these big animals are known as the prehistoric dinosaurs. In this game, it is based on the idea of survival of the fittest. You can go rogue and hunt other players for your survival or team up with them to form powerful alliances to survive the new age of existence. Your purpose: to try and survive the age of dinosaurs.

Bloodborne-6

Bloodborne ( March 24, 2015)

“Bloodborne” is a game by the developers of “Dark Souls,” and from software published by  Sony Computer Entertainment. The game takes place in the ancient city of Yharnam, a destination for pilgrim travelers. The player is here on a special mission to discover the city’s darkest secrets. You will make your way through a plague-torn city, fighting against citizens with the Plague illness and beasts that have been consumed by the disease.

Deathtrap3

Deathtrap (February 4, 2015)

Death Trap,” a game that was developed and published by Neocore Games. One point in time, there was a chain of strongholds that was built to keep the horrors of the “Void’ away from civilians. Now they have returned to havoc on society, to conquer and  kill humans living on this land. Only you can stop them from destroying all of mankind! Choose your top hero, and defend the forts. Rebuild and improve the forts with ancient traps and magical machines to defend against the scourge of the void.