The Warming Tree
View All

Greenwood High school Men’s Lacrosse

Lacrosse is said to be like hockey on land. Lacrosse is a ten player sport that requires stamina and hand eye coordination. Hunter Herman said, “ You have to play as a team. It isn’t a one man sport. It’s rough, I won’t lie.”  The teamwork that each player shows is important to success on the field. Lacrosse is a sport that starts practicing during October. Mason Fields explained, “We’re thinking about all the big games you got to think about who’s going to be hard to beat.” He’s showing the motivation and love lacrosse players have for the sport. The goals that they have for the upcoming season are to have better stick skills (Better mobility with the ball in their stick), more motivation, and better teamwork.

Gavin Pearson said, “ Teamwork is an important part of lacrosse. If we can’t work as a team we might as well not be working.” A common goal among the team was victory over their rivals Bowling Green as Pearson said, “ We almost beat them last year, and I feel like if we keep our stick skills in tune we should be fine for this upcoming season.”  The main point each person conveyed was to advance on their stick skills and hone their speed and agility.

Their overall achievement is to increase the player count so the sport becomes more popularized in the future, so the team can grow into their full potential and sustain as new classes enter and older classes leave. If they keep practicing day after day, success will surely follow in the near future.  Pearson said, “Lacrosse is a team sport so the teamwork and chemistry will have to develop over the season.” Will Fowlkes said, “Lacrosse is a great sport, but you need to have the ability to think on your feet, so we need to practice a lot of different drills in order to stand a chance this season. Hopefully we can beat some good teams this year.” 

You can find the Greenwood Lacrosse team this Tuesday, September 19th in the GHS library for an interesting meeting. For information on the sport, questions, and sign-ups, check out the meeting at 6:00 p.m.