Healthy Routines for Students

By Leen

Being a good student is important.This Does apply to your school work, but it’s not only about getting perfect grades. A good student has a lot of characteristics, routines can make things easy if hard and make you less stressed and lazy. “Healthy students are better learners. Research shows that eating habits  and healthy behaviors are connected to academic achievement. Student participation in the School Breakfast Program is associated with better grades and standardized test scores, reduced absences, and improved memory.”

Why is a Healthy Routine important? “Routines allow students to quickly accomplish day-to-day tasks that are required to both the teacher and students. Healthy Routines have a good effect on the students.” Healthy routines can make you a positive person. How can healthy routines make you a good and  positive student? A routine can not only help you become more productive,  but also support good mental health. Having an outline of how your day and week look can help you focus on the things you need to achieve. Why can daily routines make you a positive person?  “Your daily routine influences your quality of rest. Your sleep schedule and bedtime habits affect your mental sharpness, performance, emotional well-being and energy level. It’s best if you can maintain a consistent time for waking and going to bed. Better health is a result of just a little extra planning.”

“Being physically active causes chemical changes in the brain which can help improve your mood. It also brings a sense of greater self-esteem.” Doing physical activity can help make you a positive  student. Physical activity or exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.

Characteristics for a good student + Healthy routines –

• Wake up Early
  • Exercise daily / yoga
  • Read books you enjoy
  • Read some daily- quotes
  • Draw a picture / doodle
  • Have a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner
  • Complete School work on time
  • Keep your room clean
  • Have a growth mindset
  • Stay organised
  • Set goals

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/features/eating_healthier.htm