Why Don’t Students Use Lockers Anymore?

Why Dont Students Use Lockers Anymore?

By Elnara Muradova, Reporter

Students at Greenwood High School aren’t using lockers anymore. In movies you see students in the hallways opening and closing their lockers, but here at Greenwood no one really likes using a locker. I assume this is because people don’t want to walk all the way to their locker to get a notebook or something like that, and then walk all the way to their class. The alternative that students use instead of using lockers is carrying their backpack. This is more efficient because you have all your stuff right with you at all times. A backpack is much easier to carry around with you than just notebooks because your backpack is on your back and you really don’t have to carry anything, unless you’re holding notebook(s) in your hand as well.  If you do want a locker at Greenwood, you have to pay for it, so I do also think that, that, steers students away from getting one. Also, if a fire happens in the school, then you can take your backpack with you when you are exiting the school to get to safety. If you were to have had stuff in your locker during a fire, maybe something that is important,  you would’ve had to leave it and it could potentially burn if the fire gets to it. I know this situation is rare but you never know.