Top 10 Teams To Win The MLS Cup

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 10 Teams To Win The MLS Cup

By Nate Upchurch, Reporter

The MLS season is about halfway through and it is very debated what teams are the best and will come home with the MLS Cup.

10. Seattle Sounders 

The Seattle Sounders have been kinda unpredictable this year. They lost in the cup finals last year and haven’t gotten back to that state yet. They recently signed striker, Raul Ruidiaz, and I think they will benefit a lot from that signing. They also still have Clint Dempsey and Nicolas Lodeiro

9. Portland Timbers

The Timbers have been decently good this season and are just above the playoff line. Diego Valeri has been good this season and Diego Chara has been pretty solid as well. I believe that they could make a slight playoff run, but not enough to go to the cup finals.

8. L.A. Galaxy

The Galaxy did not start out very good this season with small pieces like Ola Kamara, but ever since Zlatan Ibrahimovic they have improved a lot and really made everyone around him better. I think they could have a run in the playoffs and do pretty well and have a small chance for the cup.

7. Columbus Crew 

The Crew have been good this season thanks to some of there stars like, Gyasi Zardes, Will Trapp, and their all-star goalkeeper, Zack Steffen. I believe that they could make a very good playoff run with their great forwards and with one of the best goalkeepers in the league. I think they have a good chance at winning the cup.

6. New York Red Bulls

The New York Red Bulls have improved a lot since the season started. Bradley Wright-Phillips has reached over one hundred goal while on the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls also have a very good goalkeeper, Luis Robles, and Daniel Royer who has got them ten goals this season.

5. FC Dallas 

Dallas has been pretty interesting this season. They have been pretty good with Kellyn Acosta, but recently traded him to the Colorado Rapids for Dominique Badji, which was pretty weird but they are currently first in the west. They have forward, Maximiliano Urruti, who has been pretty good to help them to get where they are.

4. LA FC 

This inaugural season for LA FC has been very successful so far. LA FC is currently third in the west and keeps going up. They have stars like Carlos Vela, Laurent Ciman and other small pieces like Lee Nguyen. I think that LA FC has a good chance of winning the MLS Cup in their first season.

3. Sporting Kansas City 

Sporting KC is currently siting second in the west standings. They have all-star defender Graham Zusi, and Johnny Russel, who has scored 8 goals for them this year. They also have the current youngest player in the league, Gianluca Busio, who is sixteen years old and looks like a rising star. I think they are definitely gonna make it to the finals.

2. NYC FC  

NYC FC is sitting third in the eastern conference. They have superstar David Villa, Maximiliano Moralez, and goal keeper Sean Johnson. I think they also have a huge chance of getting into the MLS cup finals and possibly winning the cup.

1. Atlanta United 

I think that Atlanta United is currently the best team in the league. They have captain Michael Pankhurst and other all-stars, Darlington Nagbe, Ezequiel Barco, Miguel Almiron, and Josef Martinez, who has just beat the all time goals record in the MLS. I think that Atlanta United will win the MLS Cup this year.

Nate Upchurch, Reporter

I'm a freshman who just moved from Chicago, Illinois who likes to play soccer and skateboard.