Senior Mural in Action

By Anna Scifres

Every year, Mrs. Soule chooses a senior art student to paint the senior mural in the upstairs history hallway. The graduating class of 2018 is represented by Noah Hernandez, an incredible artist who specializes in oil paint portraits. Noah has won many awards for his art and was even considered for GSA (Governor’s School for the Arts). He’s not entirely sure where he will be attending college, but wherever he decides will be lucky. He started the senior mural a couple days before Art Day so he could show the children attending what he was doing.

“My inspiration came from, of course, the Greenwood Gators. Not the internet, I have my own original ideas! I always use circles in my art and a profile would be nice. The 70’s inspired it too with the color scheme,” Noah said about his mural. “My favorite part is probably the color scheme.” Noah uses bright orange to create almost a “psychedelic” background with neon bubble letters for the senior mural with a profile of a Gator in front all contained by a circle. The Senior Mural tradition was started by Mrs. Gupton and you can find Noah’s on the right side of Mrs. Elmore’s door. It is still in the middle of being painted but should be finished soon for all to see. It will be exciting to see how it turns out and what Noah will continue to produce.