Mr. Dunn Retires After 32 Years

By Michaela Anderson, Co Editor-in-Chief

Last week, Greenwood Principal Greg Dunn announced at a faculty meeting that he would be retiring at the end of this school year.

In a letter to the families of Greenwood High School, he explained that after 32 years in public education, he has decided that it was time to pursue other endeavors.

“I have been very fortunate over the years to work alongside some amazing people at the various schools I have been a part of,” Dunn said in a statement.

He began teaching in the fall of 1986 at Portland High School in Portland, Tennessee. He was there for seven years until he was hired to teach Biology and Anatomy & Physiology at Greenwood High School.

During his first stint at Greenwood, Dunn spent 11 years as a teacher, guidance counselor, basketball coach, athletic directer, and Student Services Coordinator before being offered the principal’s position at Allen County Scottsville High School. After six years at Allen County, he had the opportunity to return to Warren County as an Assistant Principal at Warren Central.

“After one year at WCHS,” said Dunn, “I was hired into my dream job as Principal of Greenwood High School.”

Dunn said that Greenwood holds a special place in his heart and always will.

“Greenwood High School is part of who I am and means so much to me. I am proud to have been a part of such an outstanding school for eighteen years.”