Beautiful Music Presented at The Swamp

By Sophie South, CO Editor-in-Chief

This past Thursday, Greenwood’s choir had their annual pop concert here at the swamp. Many showed their support towards the program, and the choirs performed songs everyone was sure to enjoy!

To open up the night, the ‘singers’ group started off the night with the classic “Eye of the Tiger.” Other songs they performed include “Go the Distance,” and “You’re Welcome” from the recent movie Moana. Senior Soe Maung showed off his dance moves and brought out his inner Maui in the Moana track.

After their phenomenal performance came the ‘advanced women’s’ group, who performed four memorable songs. These songs include “Once Upon a December,” “Time After Time,” and “You’re the One I Want,” which held a sassy solo by freshman Anne Elizabeth Zoellner. This group also performed the upbeat “Welcome to the 60’s,” including solos from juniors Kaydyn Massey, Hannah McNabb, and Sage Cowles, and had the crowd clapping loudly.

Next to perform was the ‘chorale’ performing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight,” “Moon River,” and “Africa.” The crowd erupted in laughter after the men started getting into the beginning of the classic by The Tokens.

Ms. Osborne also had the group sing a woman’s piece, which was the Journey classic “Somebody to Love,” including solos by Maggie Mullins, Sophie South, Molli Appling, Destiny Goodpaster, Lydia Cantrell, Linzey Smith, Ella Hagan, Kaitlyn Miller, and Jannah Bolin. Osborne also presented a men’s piece, which was “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” from the Disney classic Mulan. This performance included a comical outfit malfunction that everyone got a laugh out of.

To finish the concert, the ‘chorale’ performed the song “You Will Be Found” from the newly released musical Dear Evan Hansen. This included solos from Conner Carr, Ben Morrison, and Kelli Boar, and left audience and choir members in tears.

This concert included lots of energy from the choirs and their hard work to make the beautiful music they presented. You can view their recent and previous performances here!