Greenwood Teachers Reminisce on High School Proms

Mrs. Logic before her junior prom.

By Madison Duncan and Allison Croslin

Greenwood’s prom is on Saturday, so we asked teachers if they had any memories or pictures from their own high school proms. Many teachers reminisced about their high school days while others said that their prom was so long ago that they didn’t really remember much of it.

Mrs. Elmore remembers her senior prom best. She went with a group of friends that all went together and then stayed for the after prom party where those who stayed played games for prizes until about 2 a.m. She then said that as they left, the school was handing out $100 bills. After the after party, Mrs. Elmore and her group of friends went to Denny’s and then headed to a friend’s house for a game of Twister.

Mrs. Terry went to her prom with her little sister’s best friend because it was “uncool” to go alone to your senior prom. Mrs. Terry said her date was the “hottest guy there” and one of her friends ended up breaking up with their current boyfriend to go home with Mrs. Terry’s date.

Mrs. Glass took initiative and broke social norms when she asked her prom date to prom. They went to Mariah’s for dinner. She also ended up arriving to prom late because she forgot her prom ticket at home.

Mrs. Soule’s prom was a 1976 Bicentennial theme where everything was decorated in red, white, and blue. She was even on the decorating committee. She said that it was a special night with her high school love and friends where she felt like a princess.