Gators Match Game

Greenwood couples quiz each other in the spirit of Valentine’s Day

Gators Match Game

By Claudia Witcher, Reporter

This year Greenwood is releasing midterms on February 14, which happens to fall on the same day as Valentine’s Day  (to remind those of you who have definitely not forgotten).  If you didn’t have any reason to be nervous, you do now.  In the spirit of this upcoming holiday and the release of midterms, we decided to grade couples at Greenwood.  Each pair was asked a series of random questions that they had to answer about themselves and about their significant other, without knowing what the other said.  Their answers were compared and the results are as followed.

Sophomores Zack Littrell and Emmie Bender have been dating for quite awhile, and it showed through their similar answers.  They have been a couple for an impressive two years, and they both could recall their anniversary, which is September 15, 2014.  When asked about future careers, Zack quickly answered that Emmie wanted to be a radiologist, but he was unsure of what he wanted to do.  Emmie agreed she wanted to be a radiologist and was able to match Zack’s answer for his undecided desired profession.  The two have the same favorite Netflix Show, which is Prison Break.  Emmie and Zack are very compatible and seem to have a lot of fun together.

Benito Valero and Audrey Wiles have been dating since February 10, 2015, which they both were able to remember very quickly.  Benito knew that Audrey enjoyed watching The Office and eating Moe’s, and she did confirm.  Audrey recalled that, in his spare time, Benito enjoyed playing “some soccer game” and running.  Running is actually what they did on their first date, which sounds like…fun?  They are both very funny and very good for each other.  

A.J. Anthony and Lydia Armstrong know each other so well after almost two years of dating (they both confirmed March 11, 2015).  Lydia knew that A.J. liked to play basketball when he got the chance, and A.J. knew Lydia preferred to sleep and eat, which is the best possible answer.  When asked about future professions, he immediately answered that Lydia wanted to go into the medical field.  She was just as fast when she said A.J. wanted to be a marine biologist.  They both recalled their first date two years ago  was dinner and a movie.  “I still remember what she got,” A.J. said.  

You all probably know and love the next couple, who break all other records in regards to time spent together at Greenwood.  On June 20, 1980, Ron and Cheryl Tipton became a married couple.  In addition to the matching answers for their anniversary, their answers also matched exactly for what the other likes to do to pass time.  Mr. Tipton knew she loved shopping, and Mrs. Tipton knew he loved to be on his kayak.  

They both attended WKU, which is where they met.  They both remembered and told the story like it happened yesterday.  It started because Mrs. Tipton happened to be friends with Mr. Tipton’s roommate.  One night Mrs. Tipton was working at the information desk in the student center and Mr. Tipton walked in and towards her while she was putting on lipstick.  She had heard about him from his roommate and was curious to meet him.  She recalled him having curly hair tamed only by the beanie on his head.  She dropped the makeup on the ground and then looked up to see he was no longer making his way to the desk and had disappeared.  They had both spoken to Mr. Tipton’s roommate about the encounter and claimed they were not interested in each other.  

Some time after the two had reconnected at a homecoming party, and after spending time together they discovered they did, in fact, like each other.  That same night the two went to the Ivan Wilson Center for Fine Arts on campus and talked until 2 a.m.  It was pure chance that they found each other, but it was a good thing they did.  Together they have raised two kids.  Together they have built successful careers.  Together they have spent 37 happy years.  Everyone should get the chance to be in a relationship like theirs, because it is truly incredible.     

Overall, each person knew the other pretty well.  Don’t forget, on Tuesday the 14th of this month, midterms come out and it is Valentine’s Day!