Gators Showcase Talent

Gators Showcase Talent

By Marzhan . M, Reporter

On April 26, the Drama Club hosted the Talent Show, featuring the epic talents of Greenwood’s performers. Some performers danced and others performed magic. There was a duet and even an original composition. There were a total of 15 performers and 12 presentations of talent.

Matt Propst, the first performer, sang “Stars” from the Broadway smash Les Miserables.  Freshman Kaitlyn Miller also sang, performing “Stitches” by Shawn Mendes.

Lydia Cantrell also picked a song from Les Miserables, entitled I Dreamed a Dream.” Brianna Wright sang “Holy Spirit” by Francesa Batistelli.

Cody Wright, accompanied by J.J. Gibson on piano, channeled former American Idol contestant Danny Gokey on “Tell Your Heart to Beat Again.”

Nadai Drake tackled the pop smash “Hello” by Adele, while Seth Jones went the classical route, performing “Ave Maria” by Schubert. 

Jannah Bolin wowed the crowd with a rendition of  “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys.

A pair of duets also performed: Seth Jones and Lydia Cantrell sang “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Katharine McPhee; and Gabe Nasato and Dawn Burroughs did an original composition, “Overdone Musical Duets: A Musical Medley.

Not to be overshadowed by the singers, Soe Maung did a magic performance featuring card tricks.

Musical veterans Joe Moore and Joana Meija Sosa were the  Masters of Ceremony on this evening. Stage Crew included Emma Brittenham, Chanlar Mann, Kera Regan, Emily Price, Caitlin Warren, and Rose Deeb.

Special thanks go to Mr. Wix for providing the performers with the auditorium and granting the use of the microphone. Also a special thanks went out from the Drama Club, sponsored by Mrs. Cassady to Mr. Emerson and Mrs. Cale