Earnhart Earns Entrepreneurship

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

By Halle Rudloff

Sierra Earnhart, a Greenwood sophomore,was recently accepted into the Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs (GSE). The three-week program is set to take place from June 25 to July 15 at Transylvania University.

GSE has been an increasingly popular program among high school students. Aside from many scholarship opportunities that come with getting accepted, attendees are able to enjoy a unique experience. Those accepted into the program are able to listen to a variety of speakers and participate in team-building exercises and hands on activities such as a ropes course.

After Earnhart attended an information meeting about the program, she was determined to get accepted. “The application process was not so difficult. The hardest part was trying to make my accomplishments sound better than they actually are,” said Earnhart.

After weeks of anticipation, acceptance emails were sent. “I cried, and I never cry,” said Earnhart. Along with many other participants, Earnhart has high expectations for the program. “I will be very disappointed if the ropes course is not as cool as they say it is,” said Earnhart.

Earnhart won’t be the only Gator exploring entrepreneurship this summer; sophomore Claudia Witcher will also be attending GSE this summer.