Warriors, Cavs Face off in Fourth Consecutive Finals

By John Morrison

The NBA Finals have finally reached us.  And yes, it is the Warriors and the Cavaliers…again.  These two teams have been battling in the finals four years in a row. The Warriors have won two of the three previous NBA Finals.

The year of 2015 was the first year of this battle.  That year, Steph Curry was MVP and had one of the best years of his whole basketball career.  The series went back and forth between the two teams with Warriors winning Game 1, Cavs winning Game 2, Warriors winning Game 3, and Cavs winning Game 4.  It was a close series until the Warriors had enough, winning the series 4-2with Andre Iguodala winning Finals MVP.

The year 2016 was a great year.  The Warriors had the best record the NBA has ever seen, going 73-9.  This Finals was supposed to be over quick, with the Warriors getting up 3-1.  But LeBron decided to bring one home for Cleveland. LeBron forced a Game 7 with the 73-9 Warriors with a little help from a suspended Draymond Green.  

It came down to the fourth quarter in this Game 7. To close out the game, Andre Iguodala came in to hit a layup, but LeBron comes in and finishes the block heard around the world.  Then with one minute left Kyrie Irving hits the clutchest three-pointer of all time. Cavs win with the most famous 3-1 comeback of all time with LeBron James winning Finals MVP.

In 2017, the Warriors decided to add Kevin Durant, one of the most dominant players in the league.  This year the Warriors were mad and ready for revenge. They got up 3-0 and then the Cavs won Game Four, making everyone think the Warriors were going to blow it again.  But, the Warriors won Game Five winning the series 4-1 with Kevin Durant winning Finals MVP.

This year LeBron doesn’t have Kyrie Irving and has to do most of the work on his team.  Everyone thinks this will be easy for the Warriors because of the three superstars on their team.  But everyone also thought the Cavs wouldn’t make it out of the first round. So let’s see if LeBron can do it again.  Warriors-Cavs part 4 starts May 31 at 8:00.