Filed under News, Showcase

Ongoing Investigation in Horse Cave PD

Search warrants have be executed Monday towards the Horse Cave Police Department in Hart County, ordered by the Kentucky State Police.

FBI Louisville Office Chief Counsel David Habich sent an email indicating the present events, “As part of an ongoing investigation, the FBI and KSP executed legal process authorized by a federal judge earlier today at the Horse Cave City Department.”

Habich refused to elaborate on his statement.

However, KSP Post 3 spokesmen Jeremy Hodges commented that the agency is “assisting the FBI with an investigation.” Hodges refused to flesh out the topic.

Recently, both state and federal authorities removed priceless electronics and files from the police department.

“I’m trying to make sure I make the right decision,” Curry explained. “We will just have to work through all this to make sure we make the right decision.”

March 19, 2018

An update has been filed following the investigation.

An officer has been terminated and Chief of Police and another officer has been suspended without conclusive pay.

Larry Dale Martin’s termination is stated as being unrelated to the FBI investigation. City attorney Patrick Ross says that the cause was due to Martin can not carry a gun due to federal indictment on wire fraud while he was a Monroe County Deputy Sheriff.

Ross explains that Chief Sean Henry and Officer Christopher Trulock have been suspended without pay.

Horse Cave Police Department is currently under further investigation by the FBI.