Seniors Plan for the Future

By Marissa Landrum

With 2nd semester starting all the seniors can think about is graduation. Some are more than ready to graduate and others not so much. With graduation inching closer everyday, senioritis is becoming more real. People tell you that these 4 years will fly by, but you don’t ever believe them until you’re the senior, applying for colleges and thinking about your future. These 4 years could be the best and/or worst years of your life, it just depends on what you make of it. Soon enough, we’re going to be walking across Diddle Arena, receiving our diplomas from Mr. Dunn. I took the time to ask some seniors about their high school experience and what their plans for the future are.

Anne-Claire Jones has attended Greenwood since freshman year and has had a good experience. “It was good, lots of staying on top of things.” She plans to go to WKU to study Biology and go to med school to become a Pediatrician.

Tea Catt, who has also attended Greenwood since her freshman year said that her high school experience was fun and very much a learning experience. “I never believed people when they said high school goes by faster than you expect it, but it really does.” She plans on going to SKYCTC to study business.

Claudia Hobbs, who has also attended Greenwood since her freshman year says that her high school experience has been nothing short of amazing. She enjoys spending time with her friends and making new ones. “Sometimes high school sucks, but I’ve learned a lot in my four years.” The highlight of her senior year was her becoming cheer captain. She said it’s been amazing to see how much she’s grown through high school and the bonds she’s made with teachers, like Lisa Jenkins. After high school, she plans on going to either WKU or Campbellsville to become a teacher.

As for myself, I’ve also attended Greenwood since my freshman year and it’s been quite a journey but I’m ready for a change. I plan on going to SKYCTC the first 2 years for the surgical tech program and transfer to UofL to go to med school.

Overall these seniors have had a good high school experience and have a very bright future ahead of them.