Greenwood Field Day Moved Inside as Bad Weather Approaches

By Tina Huynh and Lindsey Benson

Students and staff, Greenwood’s original field day has been moved inside! Field day is still scheduled to occur on May 12 (which is this Friday). However, due to reports of bad weather, the day has been moved inside.

Instead of a powder puff football game, all grades will now be participating in a powder puff basketball game. Freshmen and sophomore girls will go head-to-head in a basketball game while juniors and seniors will be going head-to-head.

If you have already purchased a ticket to attend the junior vs senior powder puff game, you’ll still be excused to go to the game in the afternoon as long as you have your ticket. If the weather changes, field day might go back to being outside. Check below to see your grade’s schedule for the day.

9th Grade

7:45 – 8:30 | If you have pre-ordered a yearbook, during this time you’ll be dismissed to go pick them up and are allowed time to sign each other’s.

8:30 – 9:00 | Basketball “Powder Puff” in the gym. All freshmen and sophomores will go.

9:00 – 10:45 | SWAMP – Students will remain in swamp during this time and will be allowed some down time before the movie in the auditorium.

10:50 – 12:30 | Movie in the auditorium. All freshmen will report to the auditorium for a movie. Concessions will also be sold during this time.

12:34 – 12:58 | Lunch

1:00 – Students that have purchased a ticket to the junior and senior powder puff will be dismissed to the gym at this time. Students, you MUST SHOW your ticket to your teacher to be able to go.

1:45 – 3:35 | SWAMP and yearbooks in the cafeteria. Students will return to swamp at this time. At 1:51, students will be dismissed to the cafeteria and will have the option to purchase a yearbook (if any are left), and also sign them.

10th Grade

7:45 – 8:30 | If you have pre-ordered a yearbook, during this time you’ll be dismissed to go pick them up and are allowed time to sign each other’s.

9:00 – 9:20 | SWAMP – Students will remain in swamp during this time and will be allowed some down time before the movie in the auditorium.

9:20 – 10:50 | Movie in the auditorium. All sophomores will report to the auditorium at this time. Concessions will be sold.

10:55 – 12:05 | SWAMP

12:05 – 12:29 | Lunch

1:01 – 1:45 – Yearbook purchases in the cafeteria. You will have the option to purchase one (if any are left), and also sign each other’s.

11th Grade

7:45 – 9:15 | Movie in the auditorium. “Sandlot” will be showing in the auditorium. Concessions will be sold at this time. After the movie, students will report back to their Swamp.

10:10 – 11:00 | During this time, you will be able to pick up yearbooks or purchase one if you would like one (if there are still any available). Juniors will also have around an hour to sign yearbooks.

11: 36 – 12:00 | Lunch

12:10 – 2:35 | Basketball Powder Puff

12th Grade

8:30 – 10:00 |Yearbooks in the cafeteria. Seniors you will have an hour and a half to pick up your yearbooks, make purchases, and sign each others.

10:00 – 11:06| SWAMP – Students may have down time or teachers can show a movie that has been approved.

11:06 – 11:30 | Lunch

12:10 – 2:35 | Basketball Powder Puff