Rose Mary Jackson Makes Last Score as a Gator

By Avery Witcher, Reporter

Senior Rose Mary Jackson has had a good run as a Greenwood Lady Gator, but now it is time for her to move onto bigger and better thing as she continues her basketball career at Lindsey Wilson. Rose Mary signed with Lindsey Wilson on March 29, 2017 and is very excited to further her education and athletics there. She decided to attend Lindsey Wilson because they showed the strongest interest in her and has a great program.  

“Playing the next level has been a goal for Rose Mary,” says Coach Zachary Simpson. “I can tell by her work ethic that her athletic career would not stop at the high school level and I know she is going to be very successful at Lindsey Wilson. She is going to a great basketball program with the Blue Raiders that is very well coached and she will continue to get better each day she steps onto the court.”

During her high school career, Rose Mary became the all time leading scorer in Greenwood High School history. She was a point guard on the team, averaging 18.8 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game. She has been playing basketball since 4th grade and has been on the varsity team since her freshman year.

Rose Mary isn’t the only family member involved in Greenwood basketball. She plays with her sister, an 8th grader at Drakes. She likes playing with her most of the time because it’s exciting having another family member in your sports. “You already have this connection and when you get to bring that to sports, it’s even better.” Her dad is also the assistant coach of the team.

Rose Mary has one more high school appearance at the Kentucky All-Stars Team game against Ohio. She was one of the seniors chosen to participate in the game, which is scheduled for Thomas More College in Crestview Hills on April 8.

“Rose Mary has meant a great deal to our program the last four years. Her work ethic is incredible and strives for the best in everything she does. Her individual accolades speak for themselves, but more importantly she puts her team first and winning is the most important thing to her when it comes to basketball. Our program benefited tremendously from the time and effort she gave on a consistent basis,” says Coach Simpson.