Interview with Andru Burgess about upcoming basketball season.

By Chad Van Wyk, Editor

Recently I got a hold of Sophomore point guard Andru Burgess and got to ask him a few questions about this season. Burgess’ highest score from a Freshman game was 22 points, and he looks to keep improving for the Greenwood Gators Boys Basketball Team.

Q: How are you feeling about the team this year?

A: Heart over height is how I’d describe us, we are small but we are putting in as much effort as possible

Q: How do you think the first game against Hopkinsville will go?

A: Very intense and fast. They are a very athletic team, real quick, and pretty tall. They are one of the best teams in the state.

Q: How do you think you guys compare to the surrounding schools in the area?

A: We work harder, we are shorter than most of them, we are more fundamentally bound, and we have more of a desire to win.

Q: With 6 seniors leaving last year, how do you feel the seniors this year will do?

A: They have to step up and have to be leaders. I feel like they can fulfill that role.

Q: How have you guys been training for the upcoming season?

A: Since March we have had workouts, lots of conditioning and weightlifting. We have been working hard on guard and post.

Q: How do you feel about head coach, Jordan Carter?

A: Dedicated and very hardworking, he really cares about the game, and about the players. He wants us to excel on and off the court.

The Greenwood Gators basketball team have a non season scrimmage against Butler county on November 25th, the Gators look to display their skills and get the win. Make it out to Morgantown at 10am to get your first look at the Gators.