The Griswolds: Not Just a Holiday Movie

October 23, 2015

Griswolds 3

The up-and-coming band in the world of indie rock music has to be The Griswolds from Sydney, Australia. Their music combines catchy tunes with funky, 80’s pop vibes creating a very unique sound. “Their [The Griswolds] music is the kind that can change your mood for the better instantly,” Shelby from The Griswolds Street Team Twitter said.

The members include: Chris Whitehall, Tim John, Lachlan “Lucky” West, and Daniel “Danny Duke” Duque-Perez. Chris is the lead singer, Tim plays the bass guitar, Lachlan plays the drums, and Danny plays the guitar and keyboard. Their most popular songs include Heart of a Lion and Mississippi. Their debut album Be Impressive is out now and the guys are also working on the second album since getting off tour with Walk the Moon, who Whitehall claims to have never heard of when asked how much he misses them, and Passion Pit. Throughout this fall they will be on tour with Andrew McMahon and New Politics touring the U.S. and Canada.

The band interacts with a lot fans over Twitter, getting themselves out in the world of music by replying and carrying conversations with fans and their street team. (In case you didn’t know, a Street Team is a group of dedicated fans who go and try to help the band start to get more recognized by people while also coming up with missions for fans to do at their shows. They also form and lend out a Snapchat for people to go and Snapchat the shows they attend for people who cannot go.) Last week, I got the chance to ask Chris Whitehall and ask some questions about himself and the band over Twitter (@wethegriswolds):

Whitehall claims to play “the larynx” (his throat) and although Chris has many likes and dislikes while touring and playing shows, his favorite part of being in a band is traveling, seeing the world, and meeting new people. He doesn’t like, however, to be away from his family and dogs, Kiba and Jamba, for the long length of time that touring takes up during the year. He first knew he wanted to be in a band for the rest of his life when he was 10 and “loved Nirvana and wanted to be them.” I then asked him if he had any advice for current high school students, he said to, “Enjoy high school while it lasts, don’t stress too much, and just have fun. High school does not define you for the rest of your life.”

Hailey of The Griswolds Street Team page on Twitter (@GriswoldsST) said that, “Their [The Griswolds] music makes me smile and want to dance and sing wherever I hear it.” I personally got to see these guys perform for the first time earlier this year when they opened up for Walk The Moon in Nashville and I instantly fell in love with the four piece and the music they make. “Seeing these guys live is a whole different experience” and this is a statement that so many of their fans can 100% agree with. Their album, exceptionally when it first came out, was great. I listened to it leading up to the Walk The Moon concert and when I heard it live for the first time I was blown away. Overall, I have never seen a more compassionate and caring musicians and bands like these guys. They are good at what they do and they do it because they genuinely love it. They care about you when they talk to you, either through Twitter or in person after one of their shows, and that’s something that is hard to say about so many musicians nowadays.

Check out The Griswolds either on Itunes or their Twitter and on tour this fall!

The Daily Chomp • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Daily Chomp Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *