Celebrate Art Day 2015

View the amazing art by our own Greenwood High School students.

By Trent Chappell, Writer

Thpastelse annual Celebrate Art Day was hosted on Thursday the 23rd. It’s a yearly event organized by Art teacher Mrs. Soule that allows the talent of Greenwood High school to be showcased in many types of art galleries.

There are many types of classes available to the student body–it varies from Art I, where the students start to get a taste and feel for art, all the way to advanced art where the students have been through three to four art classes and are allowed to work on solo pieces and group projects.

Many of these advanced artist have a piece or have worked on a project that was showcased in this year’s festival. All classes have art in the festival, from beginner to very advanced artists. The art classes are self funded by the students and usually have a class fee around five dollars. Also, they enter contests and receive prizes. It’s even possible for students to earn scholarships if they win enough contests.

The Greenwood students work on certain pieces, some are group projects others are a single artist work. The art festival also holds a silent auction, with proceeds going to a local charity. These artisans give back to the community by doing what they enjoy and are learning while they are doing so. The art festival is a time of celebration of art, talent and shows the skilled artisans  of the Greenwood student body.

Featured Artist: Cameron Brown

Cameron is currently a Senior here at Greenwood, he is well known for his use of shapes and colors in his artwork, his main tool in his artwork, he enjoys expressing himself through his art work, and his variety of things in his art work.