Greenwood Buzzes With Excitement as Field Day Approaches

By Tina Huynh and Lindsey Benson

Field Day is approaching, and students are excited to see the activities that the student council has planned for them. As well as the powder puff game, there will be other activities such as blast off, large obstacle, velcro wall, small obstacle, joust, and water balloon. Students will be able to participate in these games during their classes’ scheduled time on Friday, May 12.

Freshmen and sophomores are scheduled to have Field Day in the morning from 8:00-11:00. In the morning, all students are to report to SWAMP and spend the day there. No classes are scheduled to take place on Field Day.

During Field Day time, students can choose to do what they please. They can participate in the activities mentioned above, or they can hang out with their friends on the bleachers. Afterwards, underclassmen will go back inside. During this time, they will be called to get yearbooks and get some down time to sign each other’s, or teachers can show movies.

Upperclassmen will also report to SWAMP in the morning. Seniors will report to the cafeteria at 8:30 to sign yearbooks and Juniors will report to the cafeteria at 9:49 to sign yearbooks. They will then go back to SWAMP and wait for lunch. All seniors will have A lunch, and all juniors will have B lunch. Afterwards, they will report to the football field and enjoy field day activities from 12:00-2:35 (dismissal). 

The powder puff game that will be in the afternoon and is free to all seniors and juniors. Powder puff is a long tradition at Greenwood. Every Field Day, senior girls and junior girls compete head to head in a football game that is coached by senior and junior guys. If you are a underclassmen and would like to attend, you can buy a ticket for $2 at lunch.